The average rate for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is down to 3.429% today. That’s a 0.009 percentage point decrease from Thursday.
With rates near historic lows, well-qualified borrowers can get attractive rates for a home purchase loan or a mortgage refinance.
- The latest rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is 3.429%.
- The latest rate on a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage is 2.536%.
- The latest rate on a 5/1 ARM is 2.873%.
- The latest rate on a 7/1 ARM is 3.319%.
- The latest rate on a 10/1 ARM is 3.678%.
Money’s daily mortgage rates reflect what a borrower with a 20% down payment and a 700 credit score — roughly the national average score — might pay if he or she applied for a home loan right now. Each day’s rates are based on the average rate 8,000 lenders offered to applicants the previous business day. Freddie Mac’s weekly rates will generally be lower, since they measure rates offered to borrowers with higher credit scores.
30-year fixed-rate mortgage rates today
People are also reading…
- The 30-year rate is 3.429%.
- That’s a one-day decrease of 0.009 percentage points.
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is the most popular home loan in America. Borrowers like the predictability of a fixed-rate and that the decades-long payback period results in more affordable monthly payments. However, the long payback usually means a higher interest rate and paying more for the loan in the long run.
Average Mortgage Rates
Data based on US mortgage loans closed on Oct 28, 2021
15 YEAR FIXED CONVENTIONAL
- Oct 28: 2.57%
- Last Week: 2.58%
- Change: -0.01%
30 YEAR FIXED CONVENTIONAL
- Oct 28: 3.47%
- Last Week: 3.54%
- Change: -0.07%
7/1 ARM RATE
- Oct 28: 3.42%
- Last Week: 3.07%
- Change: 0.35%
10/1 ARM RATE
- Oct 28: 3.6%
- Last Week: 4.01%
- Change: -0.41%
Find your actual rate at Quicken Loans.
Click below to get started and see your rate today.
View Rates for November 05, 2021
15-year fixed-rate mortgage rates today
- The 15-year rate is 2.536%.
- That’s a one-day decrease of 0.003 percentage points.
If you can afford a …….